June 28 - July 2, 2010 - Toronto, Canada - The Westin Harbour Castle on Lake Ontario
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Submissions Due: Dec. 18, 2009
Co-sponsored by: Education & Information Technology Digital Library
CONTENTS & LINKS
- Call for Papers and Submission & Presenter Guidelines, Deadline Dec. 18th
- Major Topics
- Presentation Categories
- Corporate Showcases & Demonstrations
- Proceedings & Paper Awards
- For Budgeting Purposes
- Toronto, Canada
ED-MEDIA 2010--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications is an international conference, sponsored by the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). This annual conference serves as a multi-disciplinary forum for the discussion and exchange of information on the research, development, and applications on all topics related to multimedia, hypermedia and telecommunications/distance education.
ED-MEDIA, the premiere international conference in the field, spans all disciplines and levels of education and attracts more than 1,500 attendees from over 60 countries. We invite you to attend ED-MEDIA and submitproposals for presentations.
All presentation proposals are peer reviewed and selected by three reviewers on the respected international Program Committee for inclusion in the conference program, proceedings book, and CD-ROM proceedings. For Call for Presentations, Click Here.
All authors MUST follow the submission guidelines and complete this Web form.
For Presentation and AV Guidelines, Click Here.
- Keynote Speakers
- Invited Panels/Speakers
- Corporate Showcases & Demonstrations
The scope of the conference includes, but is not limited to, the following major topics as they relate to the educational and developmental aspects of multimedia/hypermedia and telecommunications:
- Infrastructure: (in the large)
- Architectures for Educational Technology Systems
- Design of Distance Learning Systems
- Distributed Learning Environments
- Methodologies for system design
- Multimedia/Hypermedia Systems
- WWW-based course-support systems
- Tools & Content-oriented Applications:
- Authoring tools
- Evaluation of impact
- Interactive Learning Environments
- Groupware tools
- Multimedia/Hypermedia Applications
- Research perspectives
- Virtual Reality
- WWW-based course sites
- WWW-based learning resources
- WWW-based tools
- New Roles of the Instructor & Learner:
- Constructivist perspectives
- Cooperative/collaborative learning
- Implementation experiences
- Improving Classroom Teaching
- Instructor networking
- Instructor training and support
- Pedagogical Issues
- Teaching/Learning Strategies
- Human-computer Interaction (HCI/CHI):
- Computer-Mediated Communication
- Design principles
- Usability/user studies
- User interface design
- Cases & Projects:
- Country-Specific Developments
- Exemplary projects
- Institution-specific cases
- Virtual universities
- Special Strand:
- Universal Web Accessibility
The Technical Program includes a wide range of interesting and useful activities designed to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information.
Companies have the opportunity to demonstrate and discuss their educational technology products and services in through Corporate Showcases and Demonstrations/Literature.
Accepted papers will be published by AACE in the Proceedings Book and on CD-ROM. Proceedings in this series serve as major resources in the multimedia/hypermedia/telecommunications community, reflecting the current state of the art in the discipline.
In addition, the Proceedings also are internationally distributed through and archived in the Education and Information Technology Digital Library, Do You Subscribe?
Papers with high review scores will be invited for publication consideration by AACE's respected journals, especially for:
- Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia (JEMH),
- International Journal on E-Learning (IJEJ), or
- Journal of Interactive Learning Research (JILR).
All presented papers will be considered for Best Paper Awards within several categories. Award winning papers may be invited for publication in the AACE journals.
The conference registration fee for all presenters and participants will be approximately $395 U.S. (AACE members), $450 U.S. (non-members). Registration includes proceedings on CD, receptions, and all sessionsexcept tutorials.
All conference sessions will be held at The Westin Harbour Castle on Lake Ontario located on the scenic Lake Ontario and in walking distance to the city's shopping, dining, and theatre districts. Special discount hotel have been obtained for ED-MEDIA participants!
Toronto is a city built with and for the limitless imaginations of the people who come here to live and those who come to visit. It’s a centre of rare openness, energy and style an intimate metropolis showcasing world-class dining, shopping, creativity, architecture and entertainment. Its skyline includes the CN Tower, one of the Modern Wonders of the World; miles of waterfront, boardwalks and trails; and distinct neighbourhoods with inspiring surprises from artisans’ exhibits to cool cafés around every corner.
For further Toronto Ontario Canada information Click Here.
Local Attractions with distances from The Westin, Click Here.
- Submissions Due: December 18, 2009
- Authors Notified: February 9, 2010
- Proceedings File Due: May 3, 2010
- Early Registration: May 3, 2010
- Hotel Reservations: May 27, 2010
- Conference: June 28-July 2, 2010