May 17-20, 2010 - Penang (island), Malaysia (Parkroyal Hotel - Batu Ferringhi Beach)
** Submission Deadline: March 8, 2009 **
Co-sponsored by: Education & Information Technology Digital Library
Hosted by: Open University of Malaysia, Universiti Sains Malaysia, and Wawasan Open University
CONTENTS & LINKS
- Program Activities & Submission Information, Deadline March 8
- Presentation Categories
- Products/Services Showcases & Presentations
- Proceedings & Paper Awards
- For Budgeting Purposes **Registration now including Lunch**
- Penang (island), Malaysia
Global Learn Asia Pacific is an annual, international conference organized by the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). The conference will be guided by a respected, international Executive Committee, primarily from countries of the Asia Pacific region.
This conference serves to further the advancement and innovation in learning and technology. As the educational world becomes increasingly global, new ways to explore, learn, and share knowledge are needed.
Global Learn is a means to connect and engage creative educators, researchers, consultants, training managers, policy makers, curriculum developers, entrepreneurs, and others in the topics and fields in which they are passionate about. Many individuals are transforming learning environments in local as well as more global ways. Global Learn offers them an opportunity to meet and discuss their ideas, findings, and next steps.
The decision to create and organize this annual conference in Asia and the Pacific Rim is testament to the enormous interest in learning and technology throughout this region of the world and a response to many requests to AACE to undertake this initiative.
Primary aims of Global Learn include but are not restricted to:
- Create learning and professional development opportunities combining the best and latest technologies with educational practices and characterized as interactive, social, and personal experiences.
- Provide opportunities for ongoing exploration of both the diversity and commonality of the uses of educational technology in different regions and cultures.
- Foster a global networking/collaborative community on learning and technology.
- Help visualize and shape the future of learning and teaching.
GLOBAL LEARN TOPICS:
The following nine themes exemplify the vision and goals of Global Learn for advancement and innovation in:
- Advanced Technologies for Learning and Teaching
- Assessment and Research
- Educational Reform, Policy, and Innovation
- Evaluation and Quality Improvement Advances
- Global Networks, Partnerships, and Exchanges
- Innovative Approaches to Learning and Learning Environments
- Open Education
- Technologies for Socially Responsive Learning
- Virtual and Distance Education
For specific topics within these themes, Click Here.
PROGRAM ACTIVITIES & SUBMISSION INFORMATION, Final Deadline March 8, 2010:
- Keynote Speakers & Invited Panels/Speakers
- Papers, Best Practice Sessions & Roundtables
- Research/Technical Showcases & Products/Services Showcases
- Virtual Sessions
All presentation proposals are peer reviewed and selected by a Program Committee, based on merit and the perceived value for attendees.
- The Program includes a wide range of interesting and useful activities designed to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information.
Accepted papers will be published by AACE in the Conference Proceedings and internationally distributed via the online EdITLib - Education & Information Technology Digital Library, sponsored by AACE . This Proceedings serves as a major source document indicating the current state of Learning and Technology global community, reflecting the current state of the art. Each Conference registrant will receive permanent online access to the Conference Proceedings. The Proceedings may be purchased in bound book form via the AACE print on-demand resource.
Selected papers may be invited for publication in AACE's respected journals especially in the Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia (JEMH), International Journal on E-Learning (IJEL), or Journal of Interactive Learning Research (JILR). See: AACE Publications.
FOR BUDGETING PURPOSES
The conference registration fee for all presenters and participants includes many extras - including Lunch!
Conference registration will be held at the beautiful Parkroyal Penang Hotel. All concurrent sessions will be held at the Parkroyal hotel located along the emerald waters of world-famous Batu Feringgi Beach, with local shopping, dining, and attractions nearby!
Special discount hotel rates have been obtained for Global Learn participants at approximately:
- $74 USD & 52 EUR (Hill View room); or $106 USD & 74 EUR (Grand Deluxe Seaview room)
- or specifically Ringgit Malaysia (RM) 250 Nett (including 15% tax) (single/double Hill View Room) or Ringgit Malaysia (RM) 360 Nett (including 15% tax) (Grand Deluxe Seaview room)
Special hotel rates include daily breakfast buffet and complimentary broadband Internet.
- Experience the Pearl of the Orient; Culture, Dining, Shopping, Attractions, & Tours!
- Final Submissions Due: March 8, 2010
- Authors Notified: March 15, 2010
- Proceedings File Due: March 22, 2010
- Early Registration: March 22, 2010
- Advanced Registration: April 26, 2010
- Conference: May 17-20, 2010